Teens & Faith: Hard questions about youth ministry

It's not easy to work with youth in the church, but some are gifted for it. We all need to share our experience and work together for the success of the Church.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Surviving vs. thriving

Brothers and sisters, how hard is it to thrive in youth ministry versus just surviving? I have reached the "magic" 18 month mark in my current position. There are days when I think things are going well, and there are others where I'm wearing out my fingernails hanging on. Is anyone with me on this?

Today I heard that friends of mine here at the church are searching the area to see what else is out there. I am torn. My head is saying, "Hey, they have to be able to go where they will feel fed. You can't please everyone and you shouldn't try to." My heart is pretty deeply troubled anyway. I don't want to lose anyone from our congregation and our youth ministry; especially people who I call my friends. This is not a thriving day for me: My nails hurt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home