Teens & Faith: Hard questions about youth ministry

It's not easy to work with youth in the church, but some are gifted for it. We all need to share our experience and work together for the success of the Church.

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Believers vs. disciples

I've been reading "The Irresistible Revolution" by Shane Claiborne. He tells the story of his struggle and growth as a disciple of Christ. He kicks my butt. I am asking the question, "Am I helping to create believers or disciples in our youth ministry?" Yes, I do see a difference. I've heard it said that Satan himself believes in Christ, he just doesn't follow him. Being a believer isn't good enough. I fear that I have helped teens to grow into believers that wouldn't describe themselves as followers. I need to be leading teens into action, not only belief. Disciples are followers who believe, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

cool. I'll add your blogs to my favorite reads!

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home